At Rise Chiropractic, located in Jacksonville, Florida, acupuncture entails the inserting of very thin needles through the person’s skin at specific points on the body, to various depths. The acupuncturist inserts needles into a person’s body with the purpose of balancing their energy. Research shows that this technique helps increase immunity and even cure a plethora of ailments.
Acupuncture is commonly used to treat different types of pain, such as headaches, blood pressure issues, joint dysfunction, coughs, and more. It is an excellent treatment option for pain relief as well.
The following is a short list of the types of acupuncture treatment:
- Tuina: Tuina is a Chinese method, it is used to release muscle tension and heal injuries such as sprains and strains. Everyone love to have this part of the treatment. This technique is useful for enhancing health and treating various clinical conditions.
- Cupping: This techniques is used for neck and shoulder pain, low back pain. People mostly get it for many purposes, and also it help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation. It also stimulates the flow of blood and to facilitate healing area. The cups which are used are made of Glass, Bamboo, and Silicon.
- Electroacupucnture: This techniques are mostly used for pain relief. The needles are then attached to a device that generates continuous electric pulses using small clips. It extremely releases muscle tensions.
Contact RISE Chiropractic today to get started:
What are the Benefits of Acupuncture?
Acupuncture has many benefits for both mental and physical health. Here’s a closer look at some of them.
- Reduced Stress – High stress levels are one of the most common reasons that people seek out acupuncture treatment. Life is stressful at times, whether from work, family, school, etc. In fact, nearly 77 percent of people admit to having physical reactions to stress. Acupuncture has been proven to lower stress hormones and reduce anxiety, while improving the overall feeling of happiness.
- Reduced Back Pain, Neck Tension, and Joint Pain – Acupuncture offers a drug-free, safe, natural, and effective way to treat many of life’s common aches and pains. Whether you’re suffering from text neck, whiplash, back pain, etc., acupuncture can help. Acupuncture needles are incredibly thin and flexible, and do an amazing job and reducing pain and inflammation throughout the body. According to David Eisenberg, M.D., Clinical Research Fellow at Harvard Medical School, “There is evidence that acupuncture influences the production of and distribution of a great many neurotransmitters and neuromodulators, and that this in turn alters the perception of pain.”
- Headache Relief – The Chinese have been using acupuncture to treat headaches for thousands of years. Recent scientific research shows that acupuncture not only alleviates headache pain, but it also reduces the number of days people experience headaches. This provides those who suffer from headaches and migraines with an amazing, natural, drug-free option.
- Boosted Immune System – Acupuncture treatment helps fight off pathogens by boosting the body’s immune system. It has also been proven to reduce the severity of illnesses, as well as the length of some illnesses.
- Reduced Eye Strain – Eye strain from staring at a computer or phone screen all day is far too common. Acupuncture can help relieve eye strain that is more often associated with neck tension. Some studies show that acupuncture can also help treat other eye ailments such as myopia, hypermetropia, cataract, glaucoma, presbyopia, astigmatism, amblyopia, diplopia, color blindness, and night blindness.
- Improved Focus and Increased Energy – Acupuncture patients report feeling mental clarity and increased energy following treatment. This may be due to improved sleep quality following treatment as well.
- Digestive System Relief – The link between the gut and digestive system to overall health and wellness is remarkable. Acupuncture can help effectively regulate the digestive system, which not only makes for a happy gut, but a healthier person.
- Reduced Risk of Injury – Many injuries occur from repetitive motions, such as sitting at a desk all day, swinging a tennis racket, picking up a child over and over again, and more. Acupuncture is effective at treating repetitive stress injuries and can even help reduce the need for surgery or over the counter or prescription medications.
Rise Chiropractic Can Help With Your Acupuncture Needs
Dr. Dave at Rise Chiropractic, located in Jacksonville, Florida, understands the incredible benefits of acupuncture for both mental and physical health. For thousands of years, the Chinese have been utilizing acupuncture to treat many of life’s ailments, from anxiety and depression, to strained muscles and migraines.
Science continues to prove and support the efficacy of acupuncture to treat common aches and pains. At Rise Chiropractic, you can expect an amazing acupuncture experience that leaves you feeling refreshed and on the pathway to healing.
“In short, it [acupuncture] provides maximum benefits without the dangerous side effects associated with many of the approaches of conventional medicine.”-William Michael Cargile, B.S., D.C., F.I.A.C.A., Chairman of Research for the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
If you are interested in trying acupuncture or chiropractic to help treat your aches and pains, or as preventative medicine, contact Rise Chiropractic today. Rise Chiropractic and Dr. Dave are Jacksonville, Florida’s leading team for the safe, natural, and effective treatments of acupuncture and chiropractic care!